Urinals are a type of plumbing fixture primarily used for the disposal of human urine. Urine is directed into the bowl by use of a urinary spout, or funnel, and then discharges through a drain in the base of the bowl. They vary in design, but all have a means of flushing water through the bowl to remove urine and debris. Public urinals are most often found in men’s restrooms, although there are a limited number of women’s urinals that have been manufactured. They are also found in some homes, usually in the basement, where they are used for disposing of waste water from laundry or cleaning activities.
There are several key differences between urinals and toilets. For one, urinals are generally shallower than toilets, making them easier to use for people of all sizes. Finally, it typically does not have a seat, which can be more comfortable for many users.
Different types of urinals available on the market today
Urinals have come a long way over the years. There are now a variety of different types available on the market, each with its own unique benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular options:
One of the most popular types of urinals is the waterless option. These units rely on a special cartridge that traps and eliminates odor. This is a great choice for areas that experience water shortages or high water costs.
Another popular type of urinal is the touchless option. These units use sensors to detect when someone is using them and will automatically flush after use. This is a great choice for areas with high traffic, as it helps to keep the area clean and hygienic.
The wall-hung urinal is attached to the wall and hangs down. A wall hung urinal is a type of urinal that is mounted on the wall instead of sitting on the floor. This type of urinal is often found in public restrooms, as it takes up less space and is easier to clean. Wall hung urinals come in a variety of different shapes and sizes, and some even include a built-in flushing system.
Floor-mounted urinals are one type that is becoming more and more popular. They are easy to install and don’t require any additional plumbing, making them a great option for both new and remodeled bathrooms. They typically come in either a one or two-piece design, and some models even have a built-in flushometer for hands-free flushing. This type of urinal is often used in public restrooms, as it is easy for people to use.
Finally, there are also urinals that use recycled water. These units collect wastewater from other parts of the building and use it to flush the urinal. This is a great choice for areas with limited water resources.
Choosing the right urinal for your office or public place
When it comes to choosing the right urinal for your office or public place, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. The most important factor is the type of business you have.
- If you have a retail store, you will want to choose a urinal that is attractive and fits in with the décor of your bathrooms. If you have a restaurant or other type of food service business, you will want to choose a urinal that is easy to clean and sanitize.
- You’ll want to consider how many people will be using the urinal. If you’re looking for something that can accommodate a large number of users at once, then you’ll want to go with a model that has a wide opening. If you’re only expecting a few people to use it at a time, then a narrower model should do the trick.
- You’ll also want to take into account the type of space you’re working with. If you have a lot of room to work with, then you can go with a larger urinal that takes up more space. But if your space is limited, then you’ll want to go with something smaller and more compact.
Finally, you’ll need to think about your budget. Urinals come in all shapes and sizes, and they range in price from a few hundred dollars to well over one thousand dollars. So before making your final decision, be sure to consider what your budget will allow for.
Five Urinal installation tips
Urinal installation can be tricky, but with a few simple tips you can have your urinal up and running in no time. Here are five tips to help you get started:
- Make sure you have the right tools. You’ll need a level, a drill, a screwdriver, and a saw.
- Measure the space carefully and mark the location of the urinal before drilling any holes.
- Use a level to make sure the urinal is straight before drilling any holes.
- Be careful when installing the screws – overtightening can damage the porcelain.
- If you’re not comfortable installing the urinal yourself, consult a professional plumber.
How to keep Urinals clean
Keeping urinals and toilets clean is an important part of maintaining a healthy and sanitary facility. While there are many commercial products available to help with this task, there are also many inexpensive and easy-to-use home remedies that can be just as effective.
One of the simplest ways to keep urinals and toilets clean is to use white vinegar. Pour white vinegar into the toilet bowl or urinal, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub with a brush. For tougher stains, you can also use baking soda or lemon juice in addition to vinegar.
Another easy way to clean urinals and toilets is to use a steam cleaner. A steam cleaner uses high-pressure hot steam to remove dirt, grease, and grime from surfaces. This is a great option for quickly cleaning surfaces without using any harsh chemicals.
Finally, make sure to always keep the bathroom clean and free of clutter. This will help make it easier to clean quickly and prevent dirt and bacteria from building up over time. Urinals and toilets should be kept clean by regularly cleaning them with a disinfectant. In addition, urine and other contaminants should be removed from the surfaces as soon as possible.
When it comes time to purchase a urinal for your office or public place, it is important to understand the different types of urinals available on the market today. With so many options to choose from, our comprehensive buying guide will help you make the best decision for your needs.